What is the Gildan Charleston Classic?
The Gildan Charleston Classic is an eight-team early season men’s college basketball tournament that includes 12 games through three days, with each team playing one game per day. The dates of the 2017 tournament are November 16, 17 and 19.
Where is it played?
The Gildan Charleston Classic is played at TD Arena in Charleston, S.C., on the campus of the College of Charleston.
Where do fans purchase tickets?
Tickets for the 2017 Gildan Charleston Classic will be on sale this summer. They can be purchased through the College of Charleston ticket office at (843) 953-2632 or at the TD Arena Box Office. All tickets are general admission.
Are travel packages available?
Travel packages, including hotel and game tickets, are available annually. Click here for more information.
Where is TD Arena?
TD Arena is located at 301 Meeting Street, Charleston, S.C., 29401
Directions from all areas north/west of Charleston:
Take I-26 East into Charleston until the freeway comes to an end. Take Exit 221-B (exits to the left) and follow the signs to Meeting Street. Bear right from the exit ramp on to Meeting Street (at the light). Proceed south 0.9 miles down Meeting Street to George Street. Turn right on George Street, the TD Arena is immediately on the right.
Direction from Mount Pleasant:
Proceed on Highway 17 over the Arthur Ravenel Bridge over Cooper River/harbor. Take the Meeting Street exit. Take left at the light and proceed south exactly 0.9 miles down Meeting Street to George Street. Turn right on George Street, the TD Arena is immediately on the right.
Directions from all areas south of Charleston:
Proceed on Highway 17 North across the Ashley River Bridge bearing right onto Lockwood Blvd, staying in the left hand lane. At the first light, after the overpass, turn left onto Calhoun Street. Turn right at the corner of Meeting Street and Calhoun Street. (Intersection – Holiday Inn, First Citizens Bank). Go one block to George Street, the TD Arena is immediately on the right.
Is parking available?
All parking for the Charleston Classic is public. There are no reserved lots or garages. Below is a list of recommended parking lots and garages within walking distance to TD Arena.
Gildan Charleston Classic Recommended Parking
1. Gaillard Garage – Located on Alexander Street between Calhoun and George
2. St. Philip Street Garage – Located on St. Philip St. between George and Liberty
3. Wentworth Street Garage – Located on corner of St. Philip and Wentworth
4. CofC PG Garage – Located on St. Philip St. between Vanderhorst and Calhoun
Additional Public Parking
5. Francis Marion Garage – Located on King Street just off Marion Square
6. George Street Surface Lot – Located between Meeting and King
7. Wentworth/Renaissance Garage – Located on Wentworth between Meeting and King
8. Camden Exchange Garage – Located on John Street between Meeting and King
9. Aquarium Garage – Located on Calhoun Street between Washing and Concord
There are a number of city owned metered spaces around the TD Arena. Please observe all signage on parking areas to avoid being ticketed or towed.