Fullerton, Calif., September 12, 2016 – Tickets for the 2017 Wooden Legacy will go on sale Wednesday (September 13) as the eight-school, bracketed in-season tournament will be played Thanksgiving weekend at Titan Gym on the campus of Cal State Fullerton.
All-session tickets will be available at www.espnevents.com/wooden-legacy, at www.fullertontitans.com or via phone at 657/278-2783 beginning Wednesday at 12 p.m. (PT). Individual tickets for the Wooden Legacy can be purchased at the Cal State Fullerton Athletic Ticket Office or by calling 657/278-2783 beginning October 4th at 12 p.m. (PT). All-session tickets for the 12 games range from $100 to $250 in the lower level.
Headlining the three-day, 12-game event will be host Cal State Fullerton (Big West Conference) along with two other schools that participated in 2016 collegiate post-season tournaments Georgia (Southeastern) and Saint Mary’s (West Coast). Saint Mary’s defeated VCU in their opening NCAA game before losing to Arizona. Georgia (NIT) and Cal State Fullerton (CollegeInsider.com) dropped their first-round matches to Belmont and Weber State, respectively.
Other schools in the 2017 Wooden Legacy are Harvard (Ivy League) Saint Joseph’s (Atlantic 10), Sacramento State (Big Sky), San Diego State (Mountain West) and Washington State (Pac-12).
Saint Mary’s (2008 and 2012) will be making its third appearance in the event while Washington State (2011) and San Diego State return for the second-time. When the Wooden Legacy moved from the Anaheim Convention Center to Titan Gym in 2013, San Diego State won the championship by defeating Marquette in the final.
Georgia will be the third SEC team to compete in the Wooden Legacy and Harvard is the second Ivy League school to play in the event. Saint Joseph’s is the sixth school from the A10 to compete in the event as Saint Louis won the 2011 Wooden Legacy title. Sacramento State replaces DePaul in the 2017 Wooden Legacy field and becomes the first Big Sky entrant in the tournament.
In addition to San Diego State and Saint Louis, other Wooden Legacy champions were USC (2007), Wake Forest (2008), West Virginia (2009), UNLV (2010), Cal (2012), Washington (2014), Michigan State (2015) and UCLA (2016)
All 12 games of the 2017Wooden Legacy will be televised on the ESPN Networks (ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3 and ESPNEWS). Fullerton is in the Pacific Time zone (three hours behind ET). All times listed are Pacific (other time zones).
Thursday, November 23
- Game 1 – Saint Mary’s vs. Harvard, 1 p.m. PT (4 p.m. ET), ESPNEWS
- Game 2 – Saint Joseph’s vs. Washington State, 3:30 p.m. PT (6:30 p.m. ET), ESPN3
- Game 3 – Georgia vs. Cal State Fullerton, 7:30 p.m. PT (10:30 p.m. ET), ESPNEWS
- Game 4 – San Diego State vs. Sacramento State, 10 p.m. PT (1 a.m. ET, next day), ESPNU
Friday, November 24
- Game 5 – Saint Mary’s/Harvard winner vs. Saint Joseph’s/Washington State winner, 10:30 a.m. PT (1:30 p.m. ET), ESPNEWS
- Game 6 – Saint Mary’s/Harvard loser vs. Saint Joseph’s/Washington State loser, 1 p.m. PT (4 p.m. ET), ESPN3
- Game 7 – Georgia/Cal State Fullerton winner vs. San Diego State/Sacramento State winner, 4 p.m. PT (7 p.m. ET), ESPN2
- Game 8 – Georgia/Cal State Fullerton loser vs. San Diego State/Sacramento State losers, 6:30 a.m. PT (9:30 p.m. ET), ESPNEWS
Sunday, November 26
- Game 9 – Game 6 and Game 8 winners, 11:30 a.m. PT (2:30 p.m. ET), ESPN3
- Game 10 – Game 5 and Game 7 losers, 2 p.m. PT (5 p.m. ET), ESPN2
- Game 11 – Game 6 and Game 8 losers, 6:30 p.m. PT (9:30 p.m. ET), ESPN3
- Game 12, Championship – Game 5 and Game 7 winners, 9 p.m. PT (12 a.m. ET, next day), ESPN2
The Wooden Legacy was formed in June 2013 as two vibrant, nationally-recognized in-season collegiate basketball events joined forces as the John R. Wooden Classic was merged with the Anaheim Classic that had been played the previous six years (2007-2012) at the Anaheim Convention Center. The Wooden Classic was staged 19 years (1994-2012) at Honda Center with the first 17 events being college doubleheaders.