The 2017 and 2018 Wooden Legacy– the three-day, multi-team men’s college basketball event played yearly over the Thanksgiving holiday – will be played in its entirety at California State University, Fullerton’s Titan Gym. In previous years, the final day of competition was held at the Honda Center in Anaheim after playing the opening days on CSUF campus.
The 2017 Wooden Legacy will be held on Thursday, Nov. 23, Friday, Nov. 24 and Sunday, Nov. 26. The field consists of Cal State Fullerton, DePaul, Georgia, Harvard, Saint Joseph’s, Saint Mary’s (Calif.), San Diego State and Washington State. The bracket – including game times and networks – will be released this summer.
- Cal-State Fullerton makes its third appearance in the Wooden Legacy (2008 & 2013) and advanced to the 2017 CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament
- DePaul will appear in the Wooden Legacy for the second time (2010)
- Georgia and Saint Joseph’s will be making their first appearances in the Wooden Legacy
- Harvard has appeared in the NCAA Championship four of the last six seasons
- No. 12 Saint Mary’s earned its 10th-straight postseason berth advancing to the NCAA Championship Round of 32 as a No. 7 seed
- The 2013 Wooden Legacy champion—San Diego State—has advanced to the postseason 11 of the past 12 season
- Washington State will make its second appearance in the Wooden Legacy (2011)
- Additional information, including travel packages, can be found on TheWoodenLegacy.com
The 2018 field will be announced in conjunction with the opening day of the 2017 event. The Wooden Legacy is one of 11 college basketball events owned and operated by ESPN Events, a division of ESPN.