Know Before You Go
We are excited to welcome guests back to Anaheim Convention Center. The well-being of our guests, staff, players, coaches, media, and performers continues to be our top priority. As we return to events, heightened sanitation, health, and safety protocols are in effect at Anaheim Convention Center. These policies are aligned with state and local public health orders, ordinances and guidance. As our knowledge and understanding of the COVID-19 virus continues to evolve, our policies and plans will be updated as appropriate. Guests are encouraged to check back for the most up-to-date policies and procedures.
Prior to your visit, please review Anaheim Convention Center’s new and updated policies and procedures:
Effective starting September 20, 2021*, in accordance with State of California guidelines, guests (ages 3 and up) attending events at Anaheim Convention Center will be required to show proof that they are either fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after the last dose) or received a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to the event start time.
The following is acceptable for proof of vaccination: vaccination card, digital photo of vaccination card, printed copy of vaccination card, or digital vaccination record with dates of vaccination. The vaccination card/copy must show the name of guest, type of vaccine received, and the date(s) the doses were administered.
The following is acceptable for proof of negative COVID-19 test and results: PCR and antigen tests are both acceptable. Test results must be from a test provider or laboratory and show the patient’s name, type of test performed, date of test and negative test result. The test must be taken within 72 hours of the event start time, and the test result must be available prior to entry. At home PCR tests where the sample is collected at home and sent to a lab are permitted. Serologic (Antibody) tests are not an approved form of testing for entry.
Entry will be denied if proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test is not provided upon entry.
Game Day Testing
Hoag Executive Health will be providing on-site Rapid Antigen tests at the North Arena Plaza on both Thursday, November 25 & 26.
The Rapid Antigen test provides rapid diagnosis of active SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) infection. The test will be performed by a lab technician using the FDA EUA authorized CareStart™ COVID-19 Antigen test. Test results will be available within 10-15 minutes of collecting the specimen and results will be securely texted to the patient so they can be provided for entry into the venue. The cost of this test will be $60 and will be collected from event attendees at the time the test is administered.
For additional testing options, find a test site near you or the Arena, click here.
*Please note the State of California guidelines may be amended or extended at any time. We will continue to monitor and follow all state and local guidelines.
Wear Face Coverings
Face coverings must be worn if guests (2 and up) are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By entering Anaheim Convention Center without a face covering, you are attesting that you are fully vaccinated.
Face coverings must conform to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance. For example, face coverings must be made with at least two layers of breathable material, fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin, fit snugly against the side of the face, and be secured with ties or ear loops to allow the guest to remain hands-free.
Based on CDC guidance, the following types of face coverings are permitted:
- Cloth or surgical type mask (disposable or reusable)
- Clear mask
- Face shield, but only in addition to a face mask
Examples of face coverings not permitted at Anaheim Convention Center include:
- Neck gaiters, even if made with multiple layers of material
- Costume masks
- Open-chin bandanas
- Face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes
Symptoms and Health Check
Guests agree to not attend an event at Anaheim Convention Center if any one or more of the following is true within 14 days of the day of the event:
- You have (or any person in your party or with whom you have close contact has) tested positive for, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- You have (or any person in your party or with whom you have close contact has) experienced symptoms of COVID-19 identified by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention at CDC.gov, including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- You are (or any person in your party is) subject to a mandatory quarantine pursuant to local, state or federal health authorities.
Your health and safety and the safety of our employees are our top priority. We have taken enhanced health and safety measures to protect you; however, an inherent risk of exposure to the virus that causes COVID-19 exists in any public place where people gather. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. We cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit. You must follow all arena policies, including health and safety policies, and posted instructions while in the arena and on arena grounds. Do not enter the arena if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have been diagnoses diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or are subject to a mandatory quarantine pursuant to local, state or federal health authorities.
By entering the arena and or arena grounds, you voluntarily assume all risks of exposure to COVID-19 or any other communicable disease or illness, and voluntarily waive all such related claims and potential claims against ESPN Events, City of Anaheim, and its members, and their respective members, affiliates, officers, employees, attorneys, successors and assigns and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them.
Event tickets will be digital and available on guests’ mobile devices.
For the continued health and safety of all guests and employees, cashless payment methods will be used. All major credit, debit, and mobile payments are accepted throughout the venue. For a seamless purchase process and quicker service, we highly recommend guests plan for cashless payment methods.
No Bag Policy
In accordance with safety and security guidelines, backpacks, purses, totes, clear bags, fanny packs, and camera bags are not permitted inside Anaheim Convention Center.
To accommodate our guests who require a purse/bag, including diaper bags and bags carrying items that are medical in nature, such as prescription medication, breast pumps, and other special medical equipment, are permitted as long as they are within 16 in. x 12 in. x 12 in. These bags are required to go through additional screening and inspection. Anaheim Convention Center’s main East Entrance will have screening lines.
Single pocket clutches and wallets smaller than 5 in. x 9 in. x 1 in. are permitted through all entrances and are subject to manual inspection. All purses/bags/clutches that have more than one pocket, are over 5 in. x 9 in. x 1 in., and are within 16 in. x 12 in. x 12 in. are required to go through additional screening and inspection at the venue entrances noted above – no exceptions.
Due to COVID-19 policies and procedures, Anaheim Convention Center will no longer offer a bag check.
Anaheim Convention Center and ESPN Events reserve the right to amend or make changes to this policy at any time.
- Laptops, tablets (non-sporting events only), backpacks, briefcases, wrapped gifts, coolers, weapons, drums (and other noise-making devices), laser pointers, or Hoverboards.
- Confetti, streamers, beach balls, glow sticks or balloons
- Wallet chains
- Gang attire of any kind
- Illegal drugs of any kind
- Booster seats
- No outside food or beverages allowed into venue, including water bottles/containers (filled or empty). Exceptions may be made for medical reasons or baby food.
- Weapons – Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the arena. Weapons include, but are not limited to: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc.
- The distribution of promotional items, flyers, handbills and/or printed materials is not permitted without written permission of the Anaheim Convention Center. In addition, vending, peddling or product sampling is not allowed.
- Please note: There is no check-in area for prohibited items.
- Clothing that has derogatory or obscene language that could be considered offensive to other guests.
- Reusable straws made from glass or metal are not permitted.
- Tablets are allowed into the venue for sporting events only.
- Signs are allowed as long as they are not derogatory, obscene, do not block the view of other guests and are not attached to a pole of any kind. (The sign policy is subject to change depending on each show’s individual policy.) As a general rule, the size limit of signs is 26” x 30”.
In an effort to continue the highest level of safety and security, the Event is enforcing a “no re-entry” policy for all ticketed events. If a guest has their ticket scanned for entry, and then leaves the arena, they will not be permitted to return using the same ticket. For emergency situations, please contact a Security or Guest Services Manager at 714-824-9793.
Anaheim Convention Center, and its surrounding grounds, is a no smoking/vaping facility. All guests are prohibited from smoking (including electronic cigarettes, vaporizers, marijuana, CBD, or similar products) inside and outside of the arena at any time.