Canisius has been added as the eighth team competing in the 2018 AdvoCare Invitational, to be held Thursday, Nov. 22 through Sunday, Nov. 25, at HP Field House at ESPN Wide World of Sports near Orlando, Fla. Previously announced teams include Charleston, Florida State, LSU, Memphis, Oklahoma State, UAB and Villanova.
- Villanova is ranked No. 2 in the Associated Press poll (March 12) and earned a No. 1-seed in the NCAA Championship East Region bracket
- Florida State is a No. 9 in the West Region
- Charleston is a No. 13 in the Midwest Region
- Oklahoma State and LSU will play in the National Invitational Tournament
- Canisius will play in the College Basketball Invitational
The family-friendly tournament is a weekend-long affair at the Walt Disney World Resort, where participating teams practice, play and enjoy the Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks. Travel packages are available for fans and include resort accommodations at the team hotel, game tickets, theme park tickets and much more. Visit AnthonyTravel.com/AdvoCare-Invitational or call 888-632-6951 to make your reservation today.
West Virginia won the 2017 AdvoCare Invitational. Previous winners also include Gonzaga in 2016, Xavier in 2015, Kansas in 2014, Memphis in 2013, Gonzaga in 2008 and 2012, Dayton in 2011, Notre Dame in 2010, Florida State in 2009, NC State in 2007 and Arkansas in 2006.
Additional information, including travel packages, can be found on the AdvoCare Invitational web site.
The AdvoCare Invitational is one of 11 college basketball events owned and operated by ESPN Events, a division of ESPN.