General Questions: [email protected]
Press and Media Inquiries: Charley Green at [email protected]away-sports.com
Sponsorship Opportunities: Rusty Reed (Atlanta) | 404.862.4730 | [email protected]
Champions Classic Fan Favorite Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. PLEASE REVIEW THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONSTITUTE A BINDING AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”). THIS AGREEMENT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) AND OTHER PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- SPONSORS: This Contest is sponsored by ESPN Productions, Inc. d/b/a ESPN Events (the “Sponsor“). Any advertisers associated with the Contest and specifically set forth herein shall be deemed a “Promoter” for purposes of these Official Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY: “Champions Classic Fan Favorite” (“Contest“) is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER UNITED STATES TERRITORIES, AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES), age 18 years or older as of the date of entry (an “Entrant”). The following are not eligible for the Contest: (i) employees and agents of Sponsor, Promoter, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective advertising/promotion agencies, officers, members, and franchisees; and (ii) the “immediate family members” and/or “household members” of any of the persons set forth in (i) above. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings or spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. Void in all U.S. Territories (e.g., Puerto Rico and Guam) and wherever prohibited by law. Contest is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”). The decisions of the Sponsor regarding all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest Period will begin on November 1, 2017 at approximately 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 3, 2017 at 11:59 P.M. ET (the “Contest Period”).
Note: Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
If you do not have a Twitter account you may sign-up for free by visiting www.twitter.com and following the enrollment instructions. By uploading your Submission on Twitter, you are acknowledging and agreeing that Sponsor has the right to pull your Submission through the Twitter API or otherwise use your Submission as set forth in these Official Rules.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Sponsor and Promoter are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Submissions, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor’s and/or Promoter’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor and Promoter reserve the right to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. False or deceptive Submissions or acts will render the participant ineligible. All Submissions become the property of the Sponsor and Promoter and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION: THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION GOVERN ALL SUBMISSIONS IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST. By submitting a Submission, each Entrant expressly accepts and, to be eligible for the Prize, must comply with, the Submission Guidelines and Requirements, which are set forth below. Entrants must read these Official Rules carefully and accept them prior to submitting their Submission. Please read them prior to creating a Submission in the Contest. In the event that a Submission does not comply with any of the terms of these Official Rules (including the Twitter Terms of Service), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such Submission will be void. Submissions that appear to duplicate any other submitted entries may be voided in Sponsor’s sole discretion and only the first entry submitted (based on time/date) will be included in the Contest.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must represent the Entrant’s school spirit and fandom for one of the four schools participating in the 2017 Champions Classic;
- Must include the person submitting the photo if there are any people in the photo (Note: photo does not have to include people.);
- Must be submitted only through Twitter and include the hash tag “#ChampionClassicContest” to qualify. No other form of submission will be accepted;
- Must not contain any material (including, without limitation, the handle, username, or photo) that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights (e.g., copyright, etc.);
- Must have the permission of any person(s), other than the Entrant, appearing in the Submission and/or that is the photographer of the Submission, to include such person(s) and/or the photograph in the Submission;
- Must not, in any manner, disparage Sponsor, Promoter or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and/or administration, and/or otherwise participating in this Contest;
- Must not in any way, either visibly or otherwise, contain any brand names or trademarks of Sponsor and its affiliated companies (i.e. Disney, ABC, ESPN). This includes, but is not limited to, brand names or logos on products, clothing, etc.;
- Must not include personally-identifiable information outside of Entrant’s username/handle;
- Must not contain any material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain any material or references to any alcohol or drugs;
- Must not contain any material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Must not contain any material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Submission is created.
- Each Entrant represents and warrants that the Submission does not violate any third party’s intellectual property rights as referenced above, and, in connection thereto, each Entrant hereby releases, discharges and holds the Sponsor and their respective directors, members, shareholders, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, harmless from any claims resulting from the infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights, privacy rights or right of publicity.
NOTE: If any Submission fails to comply with any of these Submission Guidelines and Requirements or any other provisions of these Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Entrant and the Submission will not be eligible to win.
- Entrant represents and warrants that (i) the Submission is your original work and you have not copied or used other works or other third party materials in your Submission, including any images owned by third parties; (ii) the Submission will not infringe or violate any rights of any person or entity including, without limitation, any copyright, trademark, patent, privacy or publicity, or contractual rights, or constitute idea misappropriation; and (iii) Entrant has all the rights, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Submission and for use of the Submission by Sponsor or any of their affiliated companies in all means and media. Entrant further represents and warrants that anyone engaged by you to participate in the Submission (x) has no claims for payment of any kind; (y) has no approval or consultation rights or any rights of participation; and (z) was not engaged by you or anyone associated with the Submission under any union or guild agreement that would result in any ongoing obligations resulting from the exploitation of the Submission. Promptly upon request, Entrant will provide Sponsor with signed releases as it may deem necessary in its sole discretion. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Submission does not violate any federal, state or local law or regulation.
- NO PAYMENT FOR SUBMISSION. Entrant understands that he/she will not be paid any money for submitting the Submission or for agreeing to the terms set forth herein.
- RIGHTS GRANTED: By submitting a Submission, Entrant hereby irrevocably grants Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and each of their respective licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users including, without limitation, advertisers/sponsors directly associated with the Contest (collectively, the “Licensed Entities”), without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable worldwide license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, print, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, re-distribute, copy, host, store, cache, archive, index, categorize, comment on, broadcast, stream, edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform such Submission, in whole or in part (including, without limitation, all names, voices and likenesses contained in the Submission), in all means and media (including without limitation Sponsor’s use of the Submission on all of Licensed Entities’ owned, controlled, branded or co-branded media properties) now known or hereafter devised, for any and all purposes including, without limitation, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to Entrant or to any third party and with or without attribution. Nothing in this Agreement obligates or may be deemed to obligate any of the Licensed Entities to use the Submission. Entrant acknowledges that the Submission may be edited and/or added to for any reason and in any manner which the Licensed Entities may, in their sole discretion, determine and may, to the extent decided by the Licensed Entities in their sole discretion, have other elements added to the Submission, and that the Licensed Entities may use and modify the Submission or any portion or element of it and combine it with other materials. Entrant further acknowledges that the consideration for entering into this Agreement is, among other things, ESPN’s and/or their designees’ review of the Submission in connection with the Contest, the possibility of the Submission being displayed or aired on one or more of Licensed Entities’ media platforms, and the possible publicity and promotion as a result. Entrant is not guaranteed to receive any further consideration of any kind for the Submission and any credit received in connection with any of the Licensed Entities’ use of the Submission shall be in the applicable Licensed Entity’s sole discretion. Entrant acknowledges that the Submission is sent voluntarily, and not in confidence, and that no confidential relationship is intended or created between Sponsor and Entrant or between any of the Licensed Entities and Entrant by virtue of the submission of the Submission. Entrant further acknowledges that Sponsor or the Licensed Entities may develop information internally or receive information from other parties that is similar to the Submission. Accordingly, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as a representation or agreement that Sponsor and the Licensed Entities have not or will not develop or have developed ideas, concepts, products, systems or techniques that are similar to or compete with any ideas, concepts, products, systems or techniques contemplated by or embodied in the Submission. Entrant further acknowledges that in the event of a breach of this Agreement by Sponsor or any third party including any of the Licensed Entities, the damage, if any, caused to Entrant will not entitle Entrant to seek injunctive relief or other equitable relief, and Entrant will not have the right to enjoin the production, exhibition, distribution or any other exploitation of the Submission by any Licensed Entity.
- HOW TO WIN: A panel of judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will review and score all eligible Submissions received based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Creativity/Originality (40%);
- Quality of Submission (20%); and
- Fit to Contest Theme (40%)
The four (4) Entrants with the highest-scoring Submissions (based on the Judging Criteria outlined above) from among all eligible Submissions will be the potential Contest winners. In the event of a tie, the Entrant whose Submission received the highest score for Fit to Contest Theme, as determined by the judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. In the event that a Submission that depicts multiple people in the Submission, is selected as a potential winner, only the Entrant who submitted the Submission will be considered the potential winner and not the other individuals depicted in the Submission.
- PRIZES: The total approximate value (“ARV”) of the Contest is $1,440.00.
Four (4) winners will each win two (2) tickets to the 2017 State Farm Champions Classic basketball event taking place on November 14, 2017 at the United Center in Chicago, IL (the “Game”) (each set of 2 tickets, the “Prize”). (ARV $180 per ticket / $360 total per Prize). Exact seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Prize winner chooses to not take a companion, then the companion elements will be forfeited and the remaining elements shall constitute full satisfaction of the Prize.
Each Prize is nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another prize of equal or greater value for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE TRAVEL TO/FROM THE GAME. Each winner is responsible for all TRAVEL AND OTHER EXPENSES RELATED TO ATTENDING THE GAME AND FOR ALL applicable taxes associated with receipt of a prize. Prize winners acknowledge that Sponsor, Promoter and its or their respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNER: Each potential winner will initially be notified by Sponsor via direct message on Twitter from @ChampionClassic on or around November 6, 2017. Entrant must have his/her Twitter account marked as public. The potential winner will have 48 hours to respond to the direct message from Sponsor accepting the Prize. If no response is received from the individual potential winner accepting the Prize, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner. The alternate potential winner will then have 48 hours to respond to the direct message from Sponsor accepting the Prize. Potential winners may be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law), which must be reviewed and agreed to within two (2) days of the date of email and/or Twitter notification. Each winner must meet all eligibility requirements including the timely execution and return of all necessary releases and documents (if any) required by Sponsor as outlined above in order to win a Prize. The Prize may be forfeited, and the Prize will be awarded to an alternate based on the judges selection if (i) any of the required documentation is not returned within two (2) days, (ii) any prize notification or any Prize is returned as undeliverable, (iii) Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner within 48 hours of its first attempt, (iv) a potential winner is ineligible, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, (v) a potential winner declines the Prize, or (vi) a potential winner is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL WINNERS’S ELIBIGILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL WINNER IF IT DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT ANY USER INFORMATION WAS CHANGED OR FALSIFIED IN ORDER TO MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
- PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY: All information submitted by participants in the Contest will be treated according to the Privacy Policies available at www.espn.com. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes participant’s consent to the Sponsor and Promoter use of his/her name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any and all media, in any manner, now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further consideration or any payment.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Agreement cannot be modified or waived except in writing signed by the party to be charged. The terms of this Agreement and its performance will be binding on the Entrant and his/her administrators, successors and assigns. If any provision of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision to the maximum extent permitted by law, and the other provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Entrant may not assign his/her rights under this Agreement without Sponsor’s prior written consent; any unauthorized assignment will be null and void. The Licensed Entities, as applicable, shall have the unlimited right to assign this Agreement and the rights granted by Entrant under this Agreement at any time, in whole or in part, to any person or entity.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By participating in this Contest or receiving a Prize, Entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Promoter, each of their respective parent(s), subsidiaries, other related entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, assigns, members, successors, employees, franchisees, and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest (and/or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a Prize.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Contest; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses or other security breaches; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Contest; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest, access to, copying or downloading materials from Twitter.com or any other website or application, or receipt or use of any Prize.
- DISPUTES: (a) In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Participant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for or the appropriate State court located in New York, (b) all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees, and (c) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor and Promoter in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- OFFICIAL WINNERS’ LIST: For a copy of the list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Contest.
“Champions Classic Fan Favorite” Contest
ESPN Productions, Inc.
d/b/a ESPN Events
11001 Rushmore Drive
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277
SPONSOR: ESPN Productions, Inc.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.